Training French bulldogs are very easy. They are clever dogs who like to play games and run around. You will sure to have a good time training them. But before that, you first need to know some tips for French bulldog training. This will help you have an idea how to start the exercise.
Listed are the tips for French bulldog training that you have to be familiar with:
1. During the dog’s first weeks, you need to teach him where his food and water is located. Set a place in your home where you will feed him and make sure that it will be the only spot. Feed him 3 meals each day. Along with this, you also need to show the dog where his bed will be. Be familiar with your dog’s bed time and up time.
2. Teach you dog where to do potty. This will depend on what time his meal times are. For example, if you just fed the dog his lunch, you need to take him outside the house after finishing his meal. For sure, it is time for his potty. Set a place in the yard where French bulldog puppies for adoption he can litter and bring him to that place each potty time.
3. Another tip for French bulldog training is to use the right words when correcting or praising them. If ever your dog does something bad, immediately correct him and make sure you sound like a boss. If you want him to stop from whet he is doing, say “No” “Don’t” or “Stop” use this words as always so he can get use to them.
4. If your dog obeys you or just did something nice, praise him. Dogs love to be praised and if you do, they will always behave knowing that you like it. Say “Good dog” or “Yay” for praising. Make sure to sound gentle and grateful when saying those words. Sound like you really are pleased with what they did.
5. If you have a crate for your French bulldog, you need to train him how to stay in it. Put all the things he will need in the crate. Give him a comfortable blanket, a ready water to drink and some toys. It is up to you if you like to lock him inside the crate when you go to work or just leave it open. It depends if you placed a potty box, water and foods inside before leaving.
6. Always be gentle when training your dog. Remember that you are just like teaching a baby. If you command the dog or if you try to stop him from his bad behaviors, try not to get mad. Stay calm and be patient with them. Dogs are actually more sensitive than we know.
7. When the dog reaches 3 months old, you can start teaching him some skills. Do it while playing with him. Train the dog how to lie down, roll, sit, and stand and others.
8. If you are trying to tell him something, look directly into him and call his name. That will get his attention.
9. Ready your treats. Your dog will need lots of treats when training. That will keep him motivated and will enjoy his training time with you.
Those are some helpful tips for French bulldog training. Now, you can adopt your own French bulldog and start training them.